Ausangate & Jungle Trail Peru
Ausangate Trail - Peru
Ausangate trek 5 Days/4 Nights What is Ausangate trek? Ausangate trek is an alternative tour around Cusco region, it is located in remote and less crowded area where the time stop to show the real culture about the Andes of Peru, Apu Ausangate is the highest mountain in Cusco, the peak is over 6,384mts. Thanks to this mountain the trek offers unique landscapes with different colors of lakes, mountains and valleys this tour is part of the cordillera of Vilcanota an impressive range in the south of Cusco, it is the perfect place to see the wildlife habit condors, llamas, alpacas, vicuñas and chinchillas and picturesque villages with original local people.
• Ausangate trek (Ausangate Circuit) - 5 days the times cited in this itinerary are approximate. Walking times depend on the group and the guide can change lunch spots and campsites, depending on the progress of the group. Each guide has their own preferred route, and it might not correspond exactly to the route described here.
• The Ausangate region is very high, plus you are close to a snow-covered massif. Temperatures are cold and can fall well below freezing in the nights. You should travel well prepared for cold temperatures. Hire/or carry sleeping bags for temperatures less than freezing (minus 15 Celsius or more).This region has limited tourist infrastructure, and this tour makes use of local facilities. Visitors should be aware that things change or may not go to plan. This is all part of the adventure, and visitors to Peru are encouraged to have an open mind and be open to the differences in the way things are done in another culture
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 CUZCO - TINQUI - UPIS
Day 2 UPIS – ARAPA PASS - AUSANGATE Q’OCHA
Day 3 LAKE AUSANGATE Q’OCHE – QAMPA PAMPA
Day 4 Q’AMPA PAMPA – PACCHANTA
Day 5 PACCHANTA - CUZCO
✓ Pre-Trek Briefing, you should get it one night before to start the tour by your trekking guide.
✓ Pic up from your hotel in the morning of trek departure.
✓ Private transport from Cusco to Tinqui (the trailhead) and return at the end of the trek.
✓ Entry fee to the Ausangate mountain.
✓ English/Quechua/Spanish speaking professional trekking guide (you will have an assistant guide for groups over 8 people).
✓ Tents - 2 people in a 4-person tent which allows for greater comfort, and storage for backpacks.
✓ Basic foam mattress. If you require greater comfort during the trek, we can hire you an inflatable mattress (eg. Thermarest)
✓ Cook and Cooking equipment (Assistants are provided for larger groups)
✓ Toilet tent
✓ Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food). Our professional cooks prepare meals that incorporate elements of the western diet and traditional Peruvian delicacies. (Please communicate
with your guide/cook during the trek if you prefer certain types of dishes). Salads, if served, are washed in boiled water.
✓ Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen. They carry camping equipment, food, and kitchen utensils. We provide duffel bags at your briefing for your personal items (up to 7 kg/15lbs per person).
✓ 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or if are a little slower.
✓ Dining tent with camp tables and chairs & Kitchen tent for the cook to prepare meals.
✓ Tents for our staff to sleep in, sleeping bags & mattresses plus a budget for their meals.
✓ First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle - but not blister treatments as known in western countries.
• Breakfast on the first morning.
• Sleeping bags If you have not got a sleeping bag or you do not want the hassle of bringing one all the way to Peru with you, then we have sleeping bags for hire. For this trek you should hire minus 15 or warmer bags.
• Tips for the guide, cook and porters
• Entrance to Hot Spring
• Additional horses for passengers' luggage.